Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myIBSteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I take my medicine (Miralax) daily and when I do it makes me depressed and I'm able to use the restroom but when I wing off of it because it cause depression and weight loss I am in pain most days and I try to refrain from taking alot of my prescription pain pills because I don't want my life based on pill popping. Thanks for the advice

May 7, 2017
 · 
Reactions
A myIBSteam Member

I have had IBS C for 17 years and it is getting worse. I have found an alternative to prescription laxatives (which I had been on for years) called col clear A which my nutritionist advised. I take magnesium tablets docusate (prescribed softner) and vitamin C capsules. I now go
Toilet every 4/5 days compared to over 2 weeks. The years of laxatives has contributed to new pain which was diagnosed as gastritis erosive. Good luck x

February 17, 2019
A myIBSteam Member

I was given paperwork by my sons doctor showing miralax has very bad side effects an has the same ingredients as antifreeze. the FDA has a list.

May 31, 2017
A myIBSteam Member

O wow I'm not taking it anymore thank you

June 1, 2017

Related Questions

View All
A myIBSteam Member asked a question 💭
Hamilton, ON

A myIBSteam Member asked a question 💭
Bicester, UK

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In