Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of myIBSteam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
May 26, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A myIBSteam Member

My IBS-D is actually helped when I take an Immodium when I'm having an "episode." For me, it helps relieve the pain. I do this sparingly though.

June 10, 2023
A myIBSteam Member

I take Immodium, at least a 1/2 or a 1/4 when I need to. My gastroenterologist recommended that . It doesn't paralyze my gut. If I didn't do that, I couldn't go to work.

July 30, 2024
A myIBSteam Member

Yes, I do that too, sometimes! Then I get constipated for days. And I only try to take a half or even a quarter of an Immodium. It's terrible living with this "disease". There's never a day when I don't have cramps and abdominal pain. I don't eat anything that has dairy; no vegetables, no beans, no fruits. I do take Levsin for the pain, It helps somewhat.

August 16, 2023
A myIBSteam Member

I've been talking Imodium for years before I go anywhere to control my ibs-d. I think it's backfired right now though, terrible constipation right now. So painful 😣

June 18, 2023
A myIBSteam Member

I was told by a GI specialist that immodoim and Pepto can actually paralyze your gut if you take too much so I was told to not take that stuff anymore.

March 16, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A myIBSteam Member asked a question 💭
Corpus Christi, TX

A myIBSteam Member asked a question 💭
Galway, NY

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In