IBS can spell embarrassment at the worst moments. It can be comforting to know that there are others who understand the gurgling stomach, escaping gas, and hiding in the bathroom.
On myIBSteam, the social network and online support group for those living with IBS, members talk about a range of personal experiences and struggles. Embarrassment is one of the top 10 topics most discussed.
Here are some conversations about embarrassment:
• The embarrassment and shame of not making in time when you're out in public or even at a relatives' house.
• Tried going to the gym, I spent most of the time in the restroom. I get embarrassed thinking people see me rushing to the restroom again and again.
Here are some question and answer threads about embarrassment:
• Has anyone tried Poopourri or similar options?
• This is so embarrassing but I get severe rectal burning while going to the bathroom and for the whole rest of the day and afterward does anyone else experience this?
• If I don't take my medication, I go to the loo multiple times in one hour. It's embarrassing when I'm staying at someone's house! Any ideas on how to cope?
Can you relate?
Have another topic you'd like to discuss or explore? Go to myIBSteam today and start the conversation. You'll be surprised just how many others may share similar stories.
Feel free to ask a question here.
Get more articles like this!
Subscribe to receive the latest articles about IBS.